Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by hsemar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/15 06:49:56 UTC

Support SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 in the same Endpoint

Hello experts,

                    I have a simple web service, lets call it as
webserviceA, and I would like the web service method to support soap1.1 and
soap 1.2 versions. I'm using JBossWS CXF 3.2.2 GA which uses CXF 2.2.5.

I have used the following annotion in my service class to add soap 1.2
support. I used JBossWS runtime to create a web service project

 @BindingType(javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding.SOAP12HTTP_BINDING)

The wsdl file is generated with soap 1.2 support and it works fine too. But
the moment I manaually add soap 1.1 binding in the same wsdl and deploy to
the server, only soap 1.1 binding works fine. When I try to access soap 1.2
I got the following message

      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:VersionMismatch</faultcode>
         <faultstring>A SOAP 1.2 message is not valid when sent to a SOAP
1.1 only endpoint.</faultstring>
      </soap:Fault>

I hope the experts here can enlighten me if this is possible at all.

Thanks in Advance,
Ramesh