Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Swamy <ss...@qwest.net> on 2001/05/07 06:20:36 UTC

petstore problem

Hi,
   I have been trying to install the pet store implementation. After jumping
a few hoops this last one has been testing me for a while now. Here is the
environment :
j2sdkee1.2.1,
jdk1.3.0_02,
Cloudscape_3.6,
jboss-tomcat-2.2,
jps1.1.1 and the patch from jboss
on
Windows 2000 server.

Here is what I do :
Step 1 : Start Cloudscape using the script in
j2sdkee1.2.1\bin\cloudscape.bat -start
Step 2 : Start jboss using jboss-tomcat-2.2\jboss-2.2\bin\run.bat
Step 3 : On the browser I try
http://localhost:8080/estore/control/language?language=English
This results in a the following exception
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: NamingException while looking up DB context  :
EstoreDB not bound
 at
com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.shoppingcart.catalog.model.CatalogModel.init(Catalog
Model.java:42)
 at
com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.control.web.ModelManager.getCatalogModel(Mo
delManager.java:84)
 at
com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.control.web.ModelManager.init(ModelManager.
java:60)
 at
com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.control.web.MainServlet.doGet(MainServlet.j
ava:56)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Now, if I refresh the screen. I get the first page right but on the console
from where I started jboss I get this message
2001-05-06 03:47:46 - ContextManager: JDBCRealm: JDBCRealm.authenticate:
SELECTuser_pass FROM users WHERE user_name = ?
2001-05-06 03:47:47 - ContextManager: JDBCRealm: Authentication unsuccessful
for user null

Thanks in advance.
Swamy

Re: petstore problem

Posted by "Noel E. Lecaros" <sp...@mozcom.com>.
HI, Swamy

Did you create the datastore by running the "populate" script?

Regards,
Noel Lecaros