Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sarada Lakhamraju <sl...@mizzou.edu> on 2002/12/20 08:55:43 UTC

Renewing SSL certificate???HOW???

Hello All,

I have installed tomcat server and working on it, I have also configured SSL
on the server, I have created a self certificate and it will expire very
soon, how can I renew it?? It is a self generated certificate. Can I
recreate it?? Please Help me out...Its very Urgent

Thanks,

Sarada

Re: Renewing SSL certificate???HOW???

Posted by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net>.
For a quick solution:

keytool -delete -alias <alias name, e.g., tomcat>
And redo as you created the keys and certificate.

For your own benefit:

Take a look at the "keytool" command with an option, "-help."
And reference the documentation as well. That will take you
to the direction where you need to know.

Pae

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>