Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Frédéric Denis <fr...@deniscimaf.com> on 2009/01/07 15:22:47 UTC

Considering going with OFBiz

Hello world,

We are considering to leave QuickBooks for something more standard-
compliant, cross-platform (PC and Mac), solid and flexible.  After
wandering around for some time, I've read about OFBiz and I like what
I've seen so far.

We are in a particular position: we are a small manufacturing business
(13 employees), but with international needs (which often means many k
$ in commercial packages).  We sell and ship industrial attachment in
different countries, will have to manage inventory/warehouses in
different countries, need to manage do business in different
currencies, let employees work from where ever they can be in the
world and in their own language, have documents produced to our
customers in their own language, and at the same time, offer our
potential customers a nicer and more dynamic web front.

If you are in a similar boat and have implemented OFBiz, I'd love to
hear your story: who you are, what you were using before, how it went,
how long it took to implement it, what kind of backend you needed to
use...  If you would give such comments, either in this mailing list,
either directly by email, or on Apache OFBiz User Stories page (where
many links seems outdated), I would really appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you soon,

FD
Frederic Denis
DENIS CIMAF Inc
www.deniscimaf.com

frederic.denis@deniscimaf.com
tel : (450) 548-7007
fax : (450) 548-7008

Re: Considering going with OFBiz

Posted by Frédéric Denis <fr...@deniscimaf.com>.
Service providers experienced with OFBiz and located in Province of Quebec
(Canada) are welcome to contact me also, as we will most likely need some
help to speed up the implementation (should we decide to go with OFBiz).