Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Anderson <ri...@rci.rutgers.edu> on 2001/04/20 21:21:28 UTC

Compatability, XSP and taglibs

Are jsp taglibs compatible with XSP?

--Rick Anderson

Re: Build errors.

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
As I recall createElementNS is part of dom2 which xerces supports, but sun's
parser may not.  check to see if you have parser.jar (comes with tomcat)
before xerces in your classpath. Also make sure no other jar that may
contain org.w3c.* appears before xerces.  Perhaps also try
adding -Xbootclasspath/p:<path-to-xerces>/xerces.jar to the appropriate java
command (I'm sure ant has some command to do this as well).

Good Luck,

-matt

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, George Molson wrote:
>
> > I have spent close to 2 days trying to figure this out, but when I cannot
> > get cocoon to compile. I have tried multiple JVM / Servlet combo's shown to
> > work but I keep getting compiler errors:
> >
> > some include:
> > Method createElementNS(java.lang.string, java.lang.String) not found in
> > interface org.w3c.dom.document.
>
> your classpath has a DOM1 library in it before the DOM2 library that
> cocoon requires. suggest you try the build with an empty classpath.

And control your extension directory $JAVA_HOME/jrs/lib/ext

Giacomo

Re: Build errors.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Build errors.

Re: Compatability, XSP and taglibs

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Rick Anderson wrote:

> Are jsp taglibs compatible with XSP?

nope