Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by admin <ad...@javable.com> on 2003/03/02 17:32:42 UTC

Re[2]: Forrestbot and http

Hello Jeff,

JT> Nope.  If you'd like to add a <get-src type="http"> that'd be cool.
Did I understood correctly that all of the <get-src capabilities are
actually supported by Ant? In a way that <get-src is a mapper to Ant
actions? Ant has Get action, and it has an FTP action, right? So, it
should be possible. Where do I start (I mean, where these <get-src-s
are specified, processed, etc.)?

 -- Sergey

Re: Forrestbot and http

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:32:42PM -0400, admin wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>

> JT> Nope.  If you'd like to add a <get-src type="http"> that'd be cool.
> Did I understood correctly that all of the <get-src capabilities are
> actually supported by Ant? In a way that <get-src is a mapper to Ant
> actions? Ant has Get action, and it has an FTP action, right? So, it
> should be possible.

Yes.  The XML syntax used to drive the forrestbot (eg <get-src
type="...">) gets translated via XSLT into an Ant script.

> Where do I start (I mean, where these <get-src-s are specified,
> processed, etc.)?

Have a look in Forrest's
src/resources/forrestbot/ant/templates.build.xml, and perhaps copy an
existing template (eg template.get-src.cvs -> template.get-src.http).

--Jeff