Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Paul Rivera <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/22 17:15:58 UTC

XMemory and MFC

Hi! My application is having compilation errors due to
the XMemory.cpp and XMemory.hpp.  I'm using
xerces-c++-2.4.0.  I've gone through a couple of posts
and found out that it was due to the preprocessor
directive visual studio uses with debug mode:

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define new DEBUG_NEW
#endif

Has this been fixed in xerces-c++-2.6.0?  If yes,
maybe I could just download it.  Else, can you tell me
how to fix this?  If its a patch file, I have a couple
of questions.

1.)  do I run it with "patch -p2 < patchfile"?
2.)  Should I do it in the directory where my src
folder is located?
3.)  patchfiles usually have something like
/home/cvspublic/xml-xerces/c/src/xercesc/util/
prefixed in the file to be patched.  My directory
structure is not like that.  Xerces is in
c:\xerces-c-src2_4_0.  Is it ok?

by the way, i'm using visual studio .net 2003 on
windows xp pro.

thanks!

RE: XMemory and MFC

Posted by Matthew Berry <ma...@apt.com>.
Paul,

As Alberto has already pointed out DEBUG_NEW doesn't work with the placement
new.

I'm have been using Xerces 2.3 with the DEBUG_NEW macro technique and
everything compiles fine. I always include the Xerces headers before the
#define, so that there pre-processor does not attempt to fudge the Xerces
stuff.

Good luck.

Posted by Paul Rivera <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Re: XMemory and MFC