Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/12 15:15:25 UTC

Container allocation fails randomly

Hi,
  I am using 2.1.0-beta and have seen container allocation failing randomly
even when running the same application in a loop. I know that the cluster
has enough resources to give, because it gave the resources for the same
application all the other times in the loop and ran it successfully.

   I have observed a lot of the following kind of messages in the node
manager's log whenever such failure happens, any clues as to why it happens?

2013-09-12 08:54:36,204 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:37,220 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:38,231 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:39,239 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:40,267 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:41,275 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:42,283 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
2013-09-12 08:54:43,289 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Container allocation fails randomly

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

  It is my own custom AM that I am using, not the MR-AM. But I am still not
able to believe how can a negative value go from the getProgress() call
which is always calculated from division of positive numbers, but might be
some floating point computation problems as you are saying.

Thanks,
Kishroe

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:42,283 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:43,289 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container allocation fails randomly

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:42,283 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:43,289 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container allocation fails randomly

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:42,283 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:43,289 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container allocation fails randomly

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:42,283 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000
>>> 2013-09-12 08:54:43,289 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Sending
>>> out status for container: container_id { app_attempt_id { application_id {
>>> id: 2 cluster_timestamp: 1378990400253 } attemptId: 1 } id: 1 } state:
>>> C_RUNNING diagnostics: "" exit_status: -1000

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container allocation fails randomly

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,