Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com> on 2005/08/24 18:51:41 UTC

scheduled distributed testing and access log sampler

hi,

today I had to play around with distribute tests and wanted to use an access
log sampler for realistig usage simulation.
well, may i am right, that i have to have the access logs on each server in
the same directory where it is in the original test plan? so i am not able
to have linux servers and a windows master for example?

another thing is the scheduled start and end time of the tests. i want my
tests run for exact 30 minutes and tried the scheduling function. it didn't
work either -> it didn't start. can i make anything wrong at this point?

i am using jmeter from cvs, but also tried stable 2.0.3.

if it is so, it's really bad.

thanks in advance (for reading)
Christian

Re: scheduled distributed testing and access log sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Remember that the scheduled delay and duration over-ride the
corresponding absolute times, but only if they are specified as a
number > 0.

Any non-digits - e.g. spaces - in one of these fields will cause that
field to be ignored.

S.

AW: scheduled distributed testing and access log sampler

Posted by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com>.
thanks, maybe the sync of the machines was the problem with the scheduling
of the tests (they differ 2-3 min).. I'll try that out if I manage to get
the Access Logs working on all machines and Platforms via distributed
testing.

Happy to say that I read the manual before and knew about the override
functions delay and duration ;) so that was not my problem.

have a nice day
Christian

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.