Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tim Almdal <Ti...@accessbc.com> on 2001/03/30 02:03:17 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/util/xml/DOM2Writer

Sorry everyone about the double post... re: no signature match error.

I'm trying to use XML encoding so I create an element entry with the
following code:

        XMLParserLiaison xpl = new XercesParserLiaison();
        org.w3c.dom.Document doc = xpl.createDocument();
        org.w3c.dom.Element elm = doc.createElement("Version");
        elm.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(Integer.toString(nVersion)));

        Parameter parm = new Parameter("sVersion",
org.w3c.dom.Element.class, elm, null);

when I try to invoke the service, I get the following exception on the
client side:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/util/xml/DOM2Writer
        at org.apache.soap.Utils.marshallNode(Utils.java:143)
        at
org.apache.soap.encoding.literalxml.XMLParameterSerializer.marshall(XMLParam
eterSerializer.java:109)
        at
org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.serializeParams(RPCMessage.java:334)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.marshall(RPCMessage.java:307)
        at org.apache.soap.Body.marshall(Body.java:145)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.marshall(Envelope.java:195)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:186)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:203)
        at GSApi.Client.GSApi.CloseStream(GSApi.java:76)
        at GSApi.Client.GSApi.PongGate(GSApi.java:60)
        at SoapClient.DoPongGate.DoPongGate.main(DoPongGate.java:43)
Exception in thread "main"

This is probably a classpath problem of some sort, but I'm having trouble
finding it.  The only other clue that I have is I needed to fully qualify
the document and element, because otherwise my IDE thought it was referring
to the javax.swing.textdocument.* classes.

Any clue would be appreciated
Thanks
Tim