Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by McClain Looney <ml...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/26 13:47:28 UTC

attn svn packagers

Hello,

We on the subclipse project have stopped bundling our home-brewed
javahl builds with our releases (for various reasons). This subclipse
will now depend on whatever svn build the user has installed to also
have the javahl library as well. Currently, some (all?) of the linux
builds do not include javahl at all.

I implore you benevolent package builders to please include javahl in
your builds starting with 1.1. Perhaps as a secondary package which
has a java dependency or the like.  In the unlikely even that you have
trouble building javahl, I'd be happy to provide what pointers I can.

McClain Looney
m@loonsoft.com

Re: attn svn packagers

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 08:47:28AM -0500, McClain Looney wrote:
> We on the subclipse project have stopped bundling our home-brewed
> javahl builds with our releases (for various reasons). This subclipse
> will now depend on whatever svn build the user has installed to also
> have the javahl library as well. Currently, some (all?) of the linux
> builds do not include javahl at all.
>
> I implore you benevolent package builders to please include javahl in
> your builds starting with 1.1. Perhaps as a secondary package which
> has a java dependency or the like.  In the unlikely even that you have
> trouble building javahl, I'd be happy to provide what pointers I can.

Mandrake packages will never include Java dependent software as long as
Java is not free software.  Sorry.

Someone else is free to build and put them in jpackage, but I can't put
any packages in contrib that depend on Java.  Mandrakesoft's official
policy is all software included in main and contrib must be buildable
with free software.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken