Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Aaron Brashears <aa...@frogdesign.com> on 2000/02/25 00:10:52 UTC

Apache+SSL+Tomcat3.1 on linux

I tried following the directions available on
http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/index.shtml but I get a
persistent error when trying to compile the shared memory module, mm. There
are no FAQs available, and the documentation is somewhere between incorrect
and slim on the website for compiling that library. So, I'm turing to
everyone on this list to see if there's a solution.

Everything works great up until it's time to configure mm. Here's what I do:

# cd /usr/local/apache/src/mm-1.0.12
# ./configure --disable-shared

It warns me that I didn't specify a platform (forgive me for not including
the full text, but there's too much to copy by hand) and then eventually
errors out with:

ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use '--no-verify'

I've tried to read the configure script to figure out what kinds of platfoms
it's looking for. But the best I can come up with is that it wants a
cpu-mfr-ossys and I can't find anything that it recognizes.

Has anyone run into and solved this problem?