Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Lindsey L." <li...@plateau.com> on 2007/12/14 18:21:26 UTC

Re: Currency in store and eCommerce

Hello Jacques and David,

I realize that the activity on this issue is a little old, but I have a
scenario that would greatly benefit from a solution or complete
documentation around this issue.  Just to recap, the issue was about virtual
products being set in one currency and their variants set in a different
currency and how to get the currency to display for the variant.  David had
mentioned that the currency set for the store is what determines the final
currency for products.

Jacques had said:
<<So as I thought it's better to handle different currencies in
different stores for now. Am I missing something here ?>>
<<Is that always true ? Is it a recommended best practice to do
so (having 1 store by currency) ? Are there other scenarios, future
scenarios ?>>

David said:
<< No. The price stuff will look for prices according to the currency set on
the ProductStore.>>
and
<< NO! Not totally correct. In this case of the ProductStore currency was
USD then the virtual product's prices would be used. If the ProductStore
currency was EUR, then the variant product's prices would be used.>>

My question is about what was ultimately determined on this issue (I
apologize if I am asking for a repeat of something already stated).

My scenario is this:
Default Currency in Store is set to USD
Virtual Product ABC is set in USD
Variant Product ABC-1 is set in USD
Variant Product ABC-2 is set in GBP

When a user selects the variant product in British pounds, is there a way to
show the pricing in this currency, even if the default Currency Uom for the
store is USD??  Or is the best practice to have multiple stores, each with
their own currencies?

I would appreciate any direction you could give me.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Lindsey