Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Scriven, Marcos" <Ma...@gs.com> on 2001/12/04 12:36:15 UTC

Setting up form from the query string

Hi

Is it possible in struts to setup a form like so:

myForm.jsp?action=3

Where in the form you have a property called action? The only way I have
been able to do it is this:

Which seems to be a bit redundant, what with repeating the property name.
I've also tried the method given in the examples app, whereby I have an
action just to set up the form. This seems rather an overkill for a form I
simply want to populate with a copule of values. Even then I still have to
pass the values in the URL like so: setupMyForm?action=3, which then
forwards to the new form bean, which then reads the values out of the
populated bean.

There must be an easier way!

Thanks

Marcos