Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2019/03/30 08:38:36 UTC

Re: [directory-server] 01/02: Bumped up ehcache version to 3.6.1

On 1/21/19 5:04 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> On 21/01/2019 03:16, Richard Sand wrote:
>> HI guys -
>>
>> I cloned master to start swapping the ehcahe3 to caffeine. But because
>> caffeine is actually a bit more similar to ehcache2, I’m thinking of
>> going back to AM25 and starting from there. What do you think?
>

> Sure ! There are not that many changes in trunk, merging your changes
> should be quite easy.

I started an inital attempt, using JCache API and Caffeine, but with
this combination I still have failing OSGi tests. I'll do another
attempt to only use Caffeine without JCache.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://github.com/apache/directory-server/pull/13

Re: [directory-server] 01/02: Bumped up ehcache version to 3.6.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 30/03/2019 09:38, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On 1/21/19 5:04 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> On 21/01/2019 03:16, Richard Sand wrote:
>>> HI guys -
>>>
>>> I cloned master to start swapping the ehcahe3 to caffeine. But because
>>> caffeine is actually a bit more similar to ehcache2, I’m thinking of
>>> going back to AM25 and starting from there. What do you think?
>>
>> Sure ! There are not that many changes in trunk, merging your changes
>> should be quite easy.
> I started an inital attempt, using JCache API and Caffeine, but with
> this combination I still have failing OSGi tests. I'll do another
> attempt to only use Caffeine without JCache.
I think Caffeine only is good enough.