Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastian Gil <Se...@insert.com.pl> on 2002/12/20 08:32:26 UTC

Lucene - elements stored in the index

Hi there,

I've problem with storing elements in the lucene search index. I'm using create-index.xsp from cocoon/search example
for indexing and SearchGenerator for featching results. I've modified lines in cocoon.xconf
  <lucene-xml-indexer logger="core.search.lucene">
    <store-fields>header</store-fields>
  </lucene-xml-indexer>
and my XML files looks like
<document>
 <header>my-header</header>
 <content>
  my-content
 </content>
</document>
When I do some indexing using create-index.xsp everyhting looks alright. I can do queries, I can query using specific
fields eg. header:my-header but the result retrieved from SearchGenerator doesn't contains my stored element <header>
in hits tag as was described in http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/xmlsearching.html
My results looks like
  <search:hit rank="0" score="1.0" uri="http://create:80/produkty/sprzedaz_i_produkcja/fabrykant/subiekt_4_mega.html" />
  <search:hit rank="1" score="0.25799844" uri="http://create:80/produkty/sprzedaz_i_produkcja/subiekt_5/opinie.html" />

and are kind a useless without any descrition.

My second problem is with a STOP_WORDS. How to modify create-index.xsp to use that feature. I do some changes
and it works, but I don't think it's the best way to reslove that problem. My change is to replace
  Analyzer analyzer = LuceneCocoonHelper.getAnalyzer( "org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer" );

with

  String[] stopWords = {"i", "a", "z", "w", "do", "od", "na", "lub", "albo"};
  Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(stopWords);

Thanks for help.

System: W2k
JDK: 1.4.1_01
Tomcat: 4.1.15
Cocoon: 2.0.4

Regards.
Sebastian Gil

Re: Lucene - elements stored in the index

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Friday, Dec 20, 2002, at 07:32 Europe/London, Sebastian Gil wrote:

> I've problem with storing elements in the lucene search index. I'm
> using create-index.xsp from cocoon/search example
> for indexing and SearchGenerator for featching results. I've modified
> lines in cocoon.xconf
>   <lucene-xml-indexer logger="core.search.lucene">
>     <store-fields>header</store-fields>
>   </lucene-xml-indexer>

This is only implemented in the HEAD branch.
You will have to use Cocoon 2.1

regards Jeremy