Posted to users@camel.apache.org by souciance <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/22 18:42:08 UTC

Grafana dashbboard for Camel metrics

Hello,

Has anyone done any dashboard visualisation using Grafana/InfluxDB for Camel
route metrics?

Best
Souciance

Re: Grafana dashbboard for Camel metrics

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
2-3 years ago, I've used Camel interceptors to intercept every route
and send metrics using statsd client [1] to Graphite and then display
in Graphana.

It was really interesting to find out how long it take for every route
and even processing step in Camel. For example an xslt transformation
was taking longer than sftp download...You never know what will come
up from these graphs.

PS: Now we have metrics component which should simplify further
metrics gathering.

[1] https://github.com/bibryam/camel-statsd

HTH,
B.

On 22 January 2017 at 19:53, souciance <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems there is a jolokia plugin with Telegraf where you can define your
> MBeans. Perhaps that is the way to.
>
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Mark Nuttall [via Camel] <
> ml-node+s465427n5792946h89@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> I have done it with InfluxDB. But I did it with Spring Boot. I had to
>> write
>> a little custom code to call the metrics writer in Spring Boot. I don't
>> have the code anymore and it was 6 months ago. :(
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 1:42 PM, souciance <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5792946&i=0>
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Has anyone done any dashboard visualisation using Grafana/InfluxDB for
>> > Camel
>> > route metrics?
>> >
>> > Best
>> > Souciance
>> >

>> > --

>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Bilgin Ibryam
Camel Committer at ASF & Integration Architect at Red Hat
Blog: http://ofbizian.com | Twitter: @bibryam

Camel Design Patterns https://leanpub.com/camel-design-patterns
Instant Apache Camel Message Routing http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475

Re: Grafana dashbboard for Camel metrics

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mk...@gmail.com>.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 1:42 PM, souciance <souciance.eqdam.rashti@gmail.com