Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Dabir, Kunal" <Ku...@syntelinc.com> on 2009/04/15 18:41:48 UTC

What does vm stand for?

Velocity template files usually end with extension .vm (I know its not necessary), just out of curiosity i wanted to know what actually vm stands for?

Regards,

Kunal

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.

Re: What does vm stand for?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
As far as i know, it comes from the fact that Velocity was started as
an Apache licensed alternative to WebMacro's templates which always
had the suffix "wm".  I imagine, naming Velocity templates with the
"vm" suffix made more sense then.   These days, i think "vtl" is more
sensible, but old conventions die hard. :)

Re: What does vm stand for?

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
vm = Velocity teMplate, I guess

Jian