Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "zt.zamosc.tpsa.pl" <kr...@zt.zamosc.tpsa.pl> on 2002/08/27 09:16:21 UTC

large projects in mod_perl

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can find some information on creating big projects
in Perl (mod_perl)?
I am facing the really big project now but I don't know what stucture of the
program will be the best.

There are such things like Struts, jBoss in Java. What about Perl?

Thank you in advance.

Re: large projects in mod_perl

Posted by Oleg Shaikhatarov <ol...@allory.com>.
There is a really big project called HSPcomplete written mostly on Perl
(AFAIK it took about 200-300 man months to complete 2.0 version).

It has a three-tier architecture:

Web Apps (Forms processing) <-> Middle Tier (data management) <->
Low-level Libs

It uses own templating system called ASPcms, which uses Text::Template
as a low-level template processor + has a number of common Perl
libraries:

* lib to construct web forms
* Mid-Tier Abstract lib
* DB abstraction library
* lib to construct multi-step wizards
* security and license management lib
etc...

Product homepage:

http://www.sw-soft.com/products/hspcomplete/

Regards,
Oleg Shaikhatarov

Posted by Peter Bi <mo...@att.net>.
How about application software ? The lists are either programming tools or
language iteself.

I mean something like ... online accounting software ... just for example.

Peter Bi

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen