Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Flemming Mahler Larsen <ma...@DK.net> on 2000/06/06 12:08:52 UTC

Installing mod_perl & Apache as non root user...

Hi!

I've been trying to install mod_perl (1.24) and Apache (1.3.12) on a Sun
E450 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1),  using a "configuration command" looking
like this (one long line):

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/tdi/perl USE_APACI=1 PERL_CHILD_INIT=1 \
                       PERL_AUTHEN=1 PERL_AUTHENZ=1 PERL_AUTHZ=1
PERL_CLEANUP=1 \
                        PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1
APACHE_PREFIX=/home/tdi/server/apache_test

This however doesn't work, as the make install command apparently insist
on messing around in /usr/local/lib/perl5/

There is an existing Apache (1.3.9)/mod_perl (1.21) running on the
server installed by root and running the production environment. Which
we would leave in place until we've tested the new versions with our
application.

Any ideas on who to get it installed without being root...

TIA,
Flemming

--
Flemming Mahler Larsen, Tele Danmark Internet
http://projekt.tele.dk.net/about/mahler.html // +45 3527 9013

Re: Installing mod_perl & Apache as non root user...

Posted by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org>.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installation_Without_Superuser_P

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org