Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr> on 2002/05/02 13:05:13 UTC

Re: Just trying to add a new node

Russ Leong wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am attempting to add a new SubjectNode to Slide.
> --------------------
> NamespaceAccessToken tok = dom.accessNamespace(new SecurityToken(""), "version");
> Structure struct = tok.getStructureHelper();
> SlideToken token = new SlideTokenImpl(new CredentialsToken(new String("root")));
> struct.create(token, new SubjectNode(), "/users/tom");
> --------------------
>
> In the database, user root has inheritable non-negative permission "/actions" on "/" and "/users"
> but on executing the code I will get this :
> --------------------
> org.apache.slide.common.SlideException - DEBUG - org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at /users/tom
>         at slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(JDBCDescriptorsStore.java:584)
>         at org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:171)
>         at org.apache.slide.structure.StructureImpl.create(StructureImpl.java:322)
>         at testing.TestSlide.init(TestSlide.java:55)
>         at __jspPage1_testing_jsp._jspService(__jspPage1_testing_jsp.java:69)
>         at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(OrionHttpJspPage.java:54)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.serviceJSP(HttpApplication.java:5458)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:31)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:501)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:170)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:576)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:189)
>         at com.evermind.util.ThreadPoolThread.run(ThreadPoolThread.java:62)
>
> org.apache.slide.common.Domain - DEBUG - Checking basic permissions on new object
> org.apache.slide.common.Domain - DEBUG - Basic permissions granted for user root
> WARNING - WARNING: No active transaction
> WARNING - WARNING: No active transaction
> --------------------
>
> Is there something wrong with my code? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Russ

Hi Russ,

Please post slide use questions on slide user list.

You have to add node properties to content store.

Here is a static method you may use to create users :

/**
* Method used to create user's nodes.
*
* @param uri node's uri.
* @param password user's password.
* @param structure slide's structure helper.
* @param content slide's content helper.
* @param st slide's token.
*/
public static void createUser(String uri, String password,
                               Structure structure, Content content,
                               SlideToken st)
     throws AccessDeniedException, ObjectAlreadyExistsException,
            ObjectNotFoundException, LinkedObjectNotFoundException,
            RevisionAlreadyExistException, ServiceAccessException,
            ObjectLockedException {

     // create object
     ObjectNode node = new slideroles.basic.UserRoleImpl(uri);

     // create object's properties
     NodeRevisionDescriptor revision = new NodeRevisionDescriptor(0);
     NodeProperty property = new NodeProperty("resourcetype",
                                              "<collection/>", true);
     revision.setProperty(property);
     Date date = new Date();
     revision.setCreationDate(date);
     revision.setLastModified(date);
     property = new NodeProperty("getcontentlength", "0", true);
     revision.setProperty(property);
     property = new NodeProperty("source", "", true);
     revision.setProperty(property);
     String owner = Token.getOwner(st);
     property = new NodeProperty("owner", owner, true);
     revision.setProperty(property);
     property = new NodeProperty("password", password,
                                 NodeProperty.SLIDE_NAMESPACE);
     revision.setProperty(property);

     // store object
     structure.create(st, node, uri);
     content.create(st, uri, revision, null);
}

An here is a sample call from a Servlet, st being the SlideToken :

// access namespace
NamespaceAccessToken nat =
     Domain.accessNamespace(new SecurityToken(getServletContext()),
     "slide");

if(nat == null) return;

// get the helpers
Structure structure = nat.getStructureHelper();
Content content = nat.getContentHelper();

// feed user's node
String uri = "/users/foobar";
String password = "hisPassword";

// begin transaction
try {
     try {
         nat.begin();

         // create a user node
         createUser(uri, password, structure, content, st);

         // commit transaction
         nat.commit();
     }
     // catch exceptions
     catch(ObjectAlreadyExistsException e) {
         // duplicate name
         throw e;
     }
}
catch(Exception e) {
     // rollback the transaction
     try {
         nat.rollback();
     }
     catch(SystemException se) {
         // jta error
     }
}
finally {
     Domain.closeNamespace(nat);
}

jp

Re: Slide configuration

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Jan Wrang wrote:
> Hi JP,
>
> Thanx for your answer,
>

>>| Regarding your code, I have a single question regarding configuration.
>>| I guess, that you have changed the web.xml configuration so that
>>| the slide servlet isn't the default servlet, and also changed the url
>>| mapping !
>>
>>Slide servlet is the default servlet of its context.
>>
>>| Is there anything else you have changed in web.xml or Domain.xml ?
>>
>>What are you wanting to do ?
>
> Maybe I have missed something, but doesn't it give some kind of conflict
> if the Slide servlet is the default servlet and you also use jsps in the
> same webapp ?

Not at all : For my webapps, I am using two contexts : one for slide and
another for my own webapps.

I use slide servlet's scope parameter set to /files to only publish
files nodes (not users, not actions).

I renamed slide context to files so I access dav ressources through
slide servlet using an url like http://myServer:8080/files/... and I
access my own servlets using urls like http://myServer:8080/servlets/..

> If the slide servlet is the default servlet, I guess you connect to
> webfolders through
> a url like http://my.host.com/slide where you webapp is named slide.
> So if you want to access your jsp page (test.jsp), I think it must be placed
> in the same webapp
> so it resides on the url http://my.host.com/slide/test.jsp ?
>
> Is this what you're doing ?
>
> What I've tried is, that slide isn't the default servlet. So I access my
> webfolders through
> http://my.host.com/slide/webfolder and my jsp through
> http://my.host.com/slide/test.jsp
>
> It actually works, but something is wrong as the number of open filehandles
> just increases and increases until
> the server crashes.... I've investigated so far, that the problem is related
> to the combination of slide and my jsp's,
> so I looking for something which is configured wrong.....

Looks very strange ...

If it works I think your setup is fine and I guess you have found a bug
in Slide, unless you have write your own one ;-)

Jp

Re: Slide configuration

Posted by Jan Wrang <ja...@cinatit.com>.
Hi JP,

Re: Slide configuration

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.

Slide configuration

Posted by Jan Wrang <ja...@cinatit.com>.
Hi Jean-Philippe,

Great with this posting of sample code.
I'm working on a webapplication, where Slide is a part of a larger system,
and I've found
it a bit hard to get up and running do to the lack of sample code, when
using
Slide together with jsp's (but without taglibs).