Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2007/07/24 00:20:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.13.1 (candidate 1)

I've created another candidate build for Hadoop 0.13.1.  This
incorporates HADOOP-1396 , which, as Nigel noted, was missing the first
time around.

   http://people.apache.org/~cutting/hadoop-0.13.1-candidate-1/

Should we release this one?

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.13.1 (candidate 1)

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Based on some small scale testing on Linux and Mac OS X.

Tom

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

The following benchmark jobs pass on cluster sizes of 20, 100, 500
and 900:
  - TestDFSIO
  - MRBench (aka SmallJobs)
  - NNBench (had some issues which I believe were not related to hadoop)
  - Sort (RandomWriter, Sort, SortValidation with speculative execution)

Cheers,
Nige

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I'd say the theme for this release is fixing critical bugs in DFS
(the non DFS bugs are all in contrib/ec2).  HADOOP-1193 has a
temporary work-around (which perhaps should be documented on the bug)
by turning off map out compression.  So -1 for including HADOOP-1193
to 0.13.1.

Cheers,
Nige

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1 from me, which makes three in 72 hours.  I'll push it out today.