Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by slawek <s....@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 21:06:09 UTC

simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Hello,
I'm trying to build simple test application with following structure:
servlet-ejb-jpa-database
Application works well, but when I try to call from servlet ejb, witch call
jpa I got error at servlet. Data from db is correctly return via jpa becouse
I see it in ejb classs using simple System.out.println.
Additional I call simple ejb method sayHello (returning just text) without
connection to db and it works well. So at this moment I haven't idea what is
wrong. It you would like to see my maven project, it's here:
http://iem.pw.edu.pl/~wojciecs/test_ejb_jpa_servlet.7z. I think problem at
communication between servlet and ejb. I use tomcat 7.0.27 with openejb 4

Best Regards
sw

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.
Please Remove me from the e-mail list.
Thank You
Robin
Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
server.xml defines the tomcat/tomee host (it is explained on tomcat website)

tomee transport simply uses the webapp so it uses tomcat conf

- Romain

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by slawek <s....@gmail.com>.
No...

-----
Best Regards
sw

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

did you update your server.xml to define this host?

- Romain

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

RE: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Robin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm,

i tested this way:
1) added tomee plugin to your pom:
<plugin>
         <groupId>org.apache.openejb.maven</groupId>
         <artifactId>tomee-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version> <!-- needs apache snapshot
plugin repo -->
       </plugin>

2) ran
final Properties p = new Properties();
        p.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
RemoteInitialContextFactory.class.getName());
        p.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "http://localhost:8080/tomee/ejb
");

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
which name is in the logs?

lines look like "Jndi(....)"

- Romain

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by slawek <s....@gmail.com>.
Solved, this was a problem - thank you!

Best Regards
sw

Re: simple db-jpa-ejb-servlet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

just to be sure: you call a remote ejb which returns a list of non
serializable entities?

- Romain