Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com> on 2001/04/17 00:02:16 UTC

Different encoding in Turbine?

What I would like to do is to dynamically change the output encoding for
the Velocity's output.  For example, I can have different templates in
different languages in UTF-8.  When I output the file I can change the
Velocity output to different encoding (Big5, GBK, and other various
things).  Is there a way I can do this easily in Turbine?

Will

Re: Different encoding in Turbine?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
William Lee wrote:

> What I would like to do is to dynamically change the output encoding for
> the Velocity's output.  For example, I can have different templates in
> different languages in UTF-8.  When I output the file I can change the
> Velocity output to different encoding (Big5, GBK, and other various
> things).  Is there a way I can do this easily in Turbine?

Functionality to have differing input/output encodings in
velocity was just recently added. I will integrate this
into Turbine when we clean up the encoding strategies
in Turbine proper. Turbine doesn't quite deal with this
properly yet but we are planning to remedy this for
the 2.2 release.

> Will

jvz.

Jason van Zyl