Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by dj...@gmail.com on 2022/08/30 20:34:22 UTC

Silent Exception

Hello Fellow NetBeans Users,

I'm a new user of NetBeans 14 and this is my first post.  I hope someone can
get me out of this bind.

I'll throw the errors up that I am currently seeing and then further down I
will explain how I got in this predicament and request future guidance.

Upon clicking the hyperlink and viewing details, you get this.

Same thing but in text form:

java.lang.NullPointerException

              at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.putVal(ConcurrentHashMap.ja
va:1011)

              at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(ConcurrentHashMap.java:
1006)

              at java.base/java.util.Properties.put(Properties.java:1329)

              at
org.netbeans.modules.cordova.platforms.android.AndroidDevice.addProperties(A
ndroidDevice.java:161)

              at
org.netbeans.modules.cordova.CordovaPerformer.properties(CordovaPerformer.ja
va:353)

              at
org.netbeans.modules.cordova.CordovaPerformer.access$200(CordovaPerformer.ja
va:73)

              at
org.netbeans.modules.cordova.CordovaPerformer$1.run(CordovaPerformer.java:20
6)

              at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)

              at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:45)

              at
org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:278)

[catch] at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

I need to give a little bit of background to how I got to this point.

I have a new new working Cordova project which builds and runs in an Android
emulator on a personal laptop (and does still work properly today).  For
reasons outside the scope of this email, I can not check this project into
GitHub from the laptop, but instead I need to copy the code to another
computer and check it in from there.  As I stated earlier, this is a new
project which has never been checked in before so when I moved it to the
other computer I wanted to start cutting the project down trying to
eliminate all the auto-generated files so as to have a clean set of
minimally needed files checked into GitHub.

All references henceforth to "computer" means the computer used to check in
code.

1.	I moved a first pass cutdown set of code to the computer and it
built fine.  Wahoo!
2.	I closed NetBeans and deleted the project directory to prepare for a
second pass of cutting the code down even further.
3.	I copied the new set of minimal code to the computer but when I
tried to build it I got the error documented above.
4.	I closed NetBeans and deleted the project directory to go back to my
original set of code.
5.	I copied the original set of code to the computer and tried to build
it and I am still seeing the same error.
6.	I closed NetBeans, deleted the project directory, and
uninstalled/reinstalled NetBeans.
7.	I copied the original set of code to the computer and again I'm
still seeing the error.

Something has gotten corrupted by me merely deleting my project directory
(with NetBeans closed)!

I sincerely hope someone can help track down what went wrong.

After I get this fixed, how should I go about doing what I wanted to do to
determine the absolute minimum set of code to be checked into GitHub?

Sincerely,

David

RE: Silent Exception

Posted by dj...@gmail.com.
Hello Fellow NetBeans Users,

I just uninstalled NetBeans 14 and installed NetBeans 15 in an attempt to
see if this issue has been resolved - it has not.

I'm attaching a zip of my project (extremely small) and I'd really
appreciate if someone could help me with this.  I see the (silent)
"Unexpected Exception" in the Notifications window when I attempt to Build
the project.

Sincere thanks in advance,

David