Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Papendieck, Thomas" <Th...@opitz-consulting.com> on 2011/08/16 20:27:01 UTC

[cli] 1.2:HelpFormatter.autoUsage: '|' as separator of requierd options?

Hello

I created a group with 2 required options and an optional help option
When I invoke do this

helpFormatter.printHelp("programName",options,true)

I get

usage: programName [--opt1 <VALUE1> | --opt2 <VALUE2>][-h]

as the first line. But I would expect

usage: programName [--opt1 <VALUE1>  --opt2 <VALUE2>][-h]

since both opt1 and opt2 are required. For me the pipe symbol means the options are alternative. But that's not what I want.

Setting the OptionGroup itself "required" removes the braces '[]' around the first options but not the pipe symbol.

Is this a bug or am I just missinterpreting the pipe symbol?

bye
Thomas