Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rball <rb...@exec-i.com> on 2008/10/21 00:46:46 UTC

IllegalStateException: Cannot lookup a connection that had not been registered:

I am integrating ActiveMQ with JBoss where each is in a different VM. I am
using the XA connection and am testing an XA transaction that involves
accepting a message via an MDB from an inbound queue. The MBD then sends a
message to outbound queue One, performs database insert, and sends a message
to outbound queue two. I send 10 messages that are picked up by an MDB from
the ActiveMQ source queue and processed. The 6th incoming message is
designed to throw an EJBException when the method to send to the outbound
queue B is encountered.

    When I run the test, the rollback seems to function correctly. However
the following Exception appears in the ActiveMQ console, each time another
test is run. Can someone shed some light on what is causing this? Is there
an additional configuration item that is needed to keep the connection
"registered"?

ERROR Service                        - Async error occurred:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot lookup a connection that had not
been registered: ID:roger.exec-i.com-39692-1224541023141-1:29
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot lookup a connection that had not
been registered: ID:roger.exec-i.com-39692-1224541023141-1:29
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.SingleTransportConnectionStateRegister.lookupConnectionState(SingleTransportConnectionStateRegister.java:113)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.lookupConnectionState(TransportConnection.java:1313)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processBeginTransaction(TransportConnection.java:343)
        at
org.apache.activemq.command.TransactionInfo.visit(TransactionInfo.java:94)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:281)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:178)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:67)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:134)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:138)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:185)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: IllegalStateException: Cannot lookup a connection that had not been registered:

Posted by rball <rb...@exec-i.com>.
I upgraded to ActiveMQ 5.1.0 from 5.0.0 and this problem appears to have
disappeared