Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/10/31 23:57:22 UTC

Out of memory error when running JUnit suite

I just ran the JUnit master suite:

java junit.textui.TestRunner \ org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

It ran out of memory. Is anyone else seeing this problem? I'm running under jdk 1.4 on Solaris:

Time: 469.93
There was 1 error:
1) testLongLobLengths(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.LobLengthTest)java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1190,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

Re: Out of memory error when running JUnit suite

Posted by Julius Stroffek <Ju...@Sun.COM>.
I have exactly the same problem.

Julo

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> I just ran the JUnit master suite:
>
> java junit.textui.TestRunner \ org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>
> It ran out of memory. Is anyone else seeing this problem? I'm running under jdk 1.4 on Solaris:
>
> Time: 469.93
> There was 1 error:
> 1) testLongLobLengths(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.LobLengthTest)java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 1190,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

Thanks for posting this, Rick. This is identical to a problem I just
saw while working on DERBY-2006, but I didn't get a stack trace or
failed test name from Ant. I suspect it is the same issue, since the
test count is identical and running other subsuites (that didn't
contain LobLengthTest) worked fine. I was running the tests with JDK
1.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.

andrew

Re: Out of memory error when running JUnit suite

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I just ran the JUnit master suite:
>
> java junit.textui.TestRunner \
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>
> It ran out of memory. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Yes, I've seen this before, too--most recently was last week when I was running
tests for a DERBY-1758 patch.  I had a several other apps running on my machine
at the time (some of which require a lot of memory) so I just figured it was a
glitch...

Army