Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Java XML <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2000/11/10 21:00:00 UTC

XSLT problem

Hi there i have a peculiar problem my xml comes this way and i designed an
xsl for that but i get the error

XSL Error: Could not parse file:///d://names/my.xsl document!, Location
file:///d:
//names/my.xsl,
XSL Error: SAX Exception, Location
file:///d://forester/Forrestercube-title.xsl, line 4, offset 56
SAX Exceptionorg.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException:
ElemTemplateElement error: Can not resolve n
amespace prefix: name

what do i do about this.

my xml
======
<first:name>
  <name:title>Mr.Garry</name:title>
<first:name>

my xsl
======
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="first:name"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="first:name">
  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(name:title)" />
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: XSLT problem

Posted by Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <tr...@mrbean.stibo.dk>.
* Java XML <ja...@hotmail.com> [Nov 13. 2000 11:17]:
> Hi there i have a peculiar problem my xml comes this way and i designed an
> xsl for that but i get the error
>
> XSL Error: Could not parse file:///d://names/my.xsl document!, Location
> file:///d:
> //names/my.xsl,
> XSL Error: SAX Exception, Location
> file:///d://forester/Forrestercube-title.xsl, line 4, offset 56
> SAX Exceptionorg.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException:
> ElemTemplateElement error: Can not resolve n
> amespace prefix: name
>
> what do i do about this.

Your URL appears to be wrong.

I have found file URL's of the form

        file:/d:/web/step1.xsl

to work.  This is the IBM Java 1.1.7 inside Visual Age.
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen                   "...sound of... Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear