Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/11/10 11:55:06 UTC

mod_rewrite

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but ............

in the log created by mod_rewrite, it tells me that it's prefixing my local_path with document_root.

what I want is the server_root!!

This is in a virtual host

RewriteEngine on
##RewriteBase SERVERROOT/p4c
RewriteRule /cgi-bin/cpindex.pl /cgi-bin2/cpindex.pl
RewriteRule /cgi-bin/cpproduct_selector.pl /cgi-bin2/cpproduct_selector.pl
RewriteLog "/tmp/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 3

In the .htaccess in /cgi-bin I have ...............

RewriteBase /hard/coded/path/to/server_root

But this seems to raise another problem as the port is stripped of on each request!!

This is all new to me and I don't have time to read the docs plus, I'm nor a server admin and it has to be done pronto :(

CIA

-Ants

---------------------------------

Re: mod_rewrite

Posted by Jordan McLain <jo...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure what, exactly, you are trying to do.  But, could you do
something like:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /path/to/cgi-bin/
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin2/ /path/to/cgi-bin/ # or /path/to/cgi-bin2/

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl(.*) /cgi-bin2/cpindex.pl$1
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/cpproduct_selector.pl(.*)
/cgi-bin2/cpproduct_selector.pl$1
RewriteLog "/tmp/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 3