Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by M <ma...@prnewswire.co.uk> on 2002/11/29 14:16:10 UTC

tomcat & appache request parameters getting lost

Hi,

I'm using apache 1.3.26 with the mod_jk connector to tomcat 4.1.12

The below jsp includes a servet which is unable to access the parameters
on the request url e.g.  http://host.net/testInclude.jsp?test=test
Removing a line from the test comment or changing the flush="true" to
flush="false" can both make it work, but I don't understand why.
It does seem to be very buffer related and very dependant on size of
text before the include.
This problem only occurs when using tomcat through apache and is not
reproducible with tomcat alone.

The below page id 778 bytes:

<%@ page language="java" session="true" %>
<head>
  <title>Access Reports</title>

<!--
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test
-->

</head>

<jsp:include page="/servlet/testIncludeServlet" flush="true" >
  <jsp:param name="depth" value="summary" />
</jsp:include>

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
---------------------------------------
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of PR Newswire Europe. The e-mail
contents are intended only for addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.

Re: tomcat & appache request parameters getting lost

Posted by M <ma...@prnewswire.co.uk>.
M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using apache 1.3.26 with the mod_jk connector to tomcat 4.1.12
>
> The below jsp includes a servet which is unable to access the parameters
> on the request url e.g.  http://host.net/testInclude.jsp?test=test
> Removing a line from the test comment or changing the flush="true" to
> flush="false" can both make it work, but I don't understand why.
> It does seem to be very buffer related and very dependant on size of
> text before the include.
> This problem only occurs when using tomcat through apache and is not
> reproducible with tomcat alone.

Should I have raised this as a bug?
I'm not sure quite where to file it. I guess the ajp connector?

Any comments gratefully received

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065