Posted to user@hive.apache.org by The Watcher <wa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/05 19:29:04 UTC

Predicate push-down on nested types ?

I'm wondering if predicates are pushed down when they apply to elements of
a nested struct. More specifically, imagine a table such as

CREATE TABLE t (
c1 int,
c2 STRUCT<a:int,b:int>
) STORED as XXX;

Will
"SELECT * from t where c2.b=3 "
be pushed down to ORC ?
Would it be pushed down to Parquet ?

Thanks

Re: Predicate push-down on nested types ?

Posted by The Watcher <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply. I suppose you are referring to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7214 ?

Does Parquet really already support this ? That ticket says it does but I'd
like confirmation

Thanks

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.