Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dorian Taylor <do...@foobarsystems.com> on 2005/07/14 17:56:28 UTC

Apache::Test assumes Test::Builder < 0.29

apparently the reset() method of Test::Builder >= 0.29_01 has been
turned into an instance-only method, thus any call to
Apache::Test::test_pm_refresh() when using Apache::Test qw(-withtestmore)
will cause test code to die. perhaps schwern should be notified as well?

.d

Re: Apache::Test assumes Test::Builder < 0.29

Posted by Dorian Taylor <do...@foobarsystems.com>.
> this is fixed in svn

hm weird i thought i updated before i checked again.

> why?  I think that at best I was mis-using the call to reset() - it always
> accepted $self as an argument, but since it wasn't actually being used I
> ignored it, mostly because I didn't want to mess around with getting the
> $Test object.  then I saw that new() was actually a singleton and smacked
> myself on the head :)

i just figured if you did, other people must have as well, and
throwing in a Carp::croak('...') unless ref $self into Test::Builder::reset
might save some head-scratching all around, but, meh. ;)

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Dorian Taylor wrote:
> apparently the reset() method of Test::Builder >= 0.29_01 has been
> turned into an instance-only method, thus any call to
> Apache::Test::test_pm_refresh() when using Apache::Test qw(-withtestmore)
> will cause test code to die.

this is fixed in svn

> perhaps schwern should be notified as well?

why?  I think that at best I was mis-using the call to reset() - it always
accepted $self as an argument, but since it wasn't actually being used I
ignored it, mostly because I didn't want to mess around with getting the
$Test object.  then I saw that new() was actually a singleton and smacked
myself on the head :)

--Geoff