Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Joel Grignou <jo...@sineura.com> on 2008/02/23 10:36:14 UTC

Installation problems on Sun Java Application server V9.1

Hello,

I tried installing Roller 4.0 on Sun Java Application server V9.1 but
get stuck when starting the webapp. I see in the log file that the
configuration file is found in the classpath but when deploying on the
server I receive the following error message:

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Weblogger has not been
bootstrapped yet"

and I see that there is a problem when trying to open the index.jsp
page:

"org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:58)"

which instruction is :

"RequestDispatcher setuppage =
request.getRequestDispatcher("/roller-ui/setup.rol");"

Did I miss something as a preliminary task before installation?

Thanks for any help,

Joel

Re: Installation problems on Sun Java Application server V9.1

Posted by Joel Grignou <j....@infovadis.it>.
On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 15:10 -0500, Dave wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Joel Grignou <jo...@sineura.com> wrote:
> >  I tried installing Roller 4.0 on Sun Java Application server V9.1 but
> >  get stuck when starting the webapp. I see in the log file that the
> >  configuration file is found in the classpath but when deploying on the
> >  server I receive the following error message:
> >
> >  "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Weblogger has not been
> >  bootstrapped yet"
> >
> >  and I see that there is a problem when trying to open the index.jsp
> >  page:
> >
> >  "org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:58)"
> >
> >  which instruction is :
> >
> >  "RequestDispatcher setuppage =
> >  request.getRequestDispatcher("/roller-ui/setup.rol");"
> >
> >  Did I miss something as a preliminary task before installation?
>
> What installation steps are you following?
> Are you doing the 5-minute install outlined in the install guide?

Yes.

> If you set "installation.type=auto" in your roller-custom.properties
> file you'll probably get better error messages in the browser.

While copying and pasting the step 3 example of the
roller-custom.properties I missed the first line (the one you
mentioned). Adding it gave me indeed more info and I was able to have
roller up and running (I was missing the mysql connector).

Thanks Dave!

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Joel Grignou <jo...@sineura.com> wrote:
>  I tried installing Roller 4.0 on Sun Java Application server V9.1 but
>  get stuck when starting the webapp. I see in the log file that the
>  configuration file is found in the classpath but when deploying on the
>  server I receive the following error message:
>
>  "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Weblogger has not been
>  bootstrapped yet"
>
>  and I see that there is a problem when trying to open the index.jsp
>  page:
>
>  "org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:58)"
>
>  which instruction is :
>
>  "RequestDispatcher setuppage =
>  request.getRequestDispatcher("/roller-ui/setup.rol");"
>
>  Did I miss something as a preliminary task before installation?

What installation steps are you following?
Are you doing the 5-minute install outlined in the install guide?

If you set "installation.type=auto" in your roller-custom.properties
file you'll probably get better error messages in the browser.

- Dave