Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com> on 2012/03/29 06:58:29 UTC

Repalcement of servlets in wicket.

I am trying to build an app which receives http request from client and save
the requested data to the database and then reply(http response) the
appropriate data again from the database, And it is not a form like
application, (just receive the request and then response to it).
I don't have previous knowledge of jsp/servlet.
I have found similar tutorials for sevlet but how to implement it in wicket
?

If there are good examples/tutorials, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
I am a beginner to wicket. And also I was reading the book 'Wicket In
Action' but the code didn't work well in wicket 1.4. Is there any other
books/leaning materials(productive materials) for newer version of Wicket ?

RE: Repalcement of servlets in wicket.

Posted by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>.
Refer me a book for the latest version of wicket i will be using wicket 1.5.3
in netbeans.(latest netbeans wicket plugin.)

RE: Repalcement of servlets in wicket.

Posted by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com>.
I would stop using 1.4.10 as it is very old at this point.  If you are just starting out I would use 1.5.x where x is the latest revision.  If you need to stay in the 1.4.x world then I would go with 1.4.20 which I think is the most current version.

Posted by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>.
I am using version 1.4.10

Re: Repalcement of servlets in wicket.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Check http://wicketinaction.com/2011/07/wicket-1-5-mounting-resources/
. This is for Wicket 1.5/6.0. Since you just start it is better to
start with the latest version.
I'd recommend "Apache Wicket Cookbook". It is really good. It is
written for 1.4 but most of the examples should work for 1.5+ too.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:58 AM, SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build an app which receives http request from client and save
> the requested data to the database and then reply(http response) the
> appropriate data again from the database, And it is not a form like
> application, (just receive the request and then response to it).
> I don't have previous knowledge of jsp/servlet.
> I have found similar tutorials for sevlet but how to implement it in wicket
> ?
>
> If there are good examples/tutorials, it would be very helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> I am a beginner to wicket. And also I was reading the book 'Wicket In
> Action' but the code didn't work well in wicket 1.4. Is there any other
> books/leaning materials(productive materials) for newer version of Wicket ?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com