Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by geoffj <ge...@thestrix.net> on 2004/02/09 08:55:35 UTC

so many servlets

Hi

I have a large project on Tomcat 4.1 standalone.
Its servlets (about 100) are in four packages
and all in one jar. My problem is trivial
I'm sure but I cannot locate a solution.
Do I need to specify all the servlets
individually? Or can I just do something like
<servlet>
<servlet-name>*</servlet-name>
ie all the servlets in the lib-located jar of package package1
<servlet-class>package1/*</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping> whatever

I'm really just trying to avoid typing out
this trivial info over and over. I have a
gadget that generates this tag-pair list from a
jar, but it is ugly.

Thanks

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Jenkins (Dr)

+61414 939523

geoffj@thestrix.net

thestrix.net

Re: so many servlets

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You could use the invoker. But in reality - with that many servlets all the
servlets better be named in a coherent/standard manner. From there - a text
editor with regular expressions to create many of the mappings from a file
listing should do the trick. (Beyond the scope of this list)

(Otherwise, happy typing)

-Tim

RE: so many servlets

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
While you can use the invoker, other engines don't have an equivalent.
If portability is at all important, you need to explicitly name them
out.