Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io> on 2016/08/12 23:31:20 UTC

Publishing of geode javadocs

I can find the following from Google, but this is the javadocs for the M2
release:

http://geode.incubator.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/

Does this need manual updating for M3?

Are we publishing nightly javadocs?

When I use CTRL-J (in IntelliJ) on the ConfiguratingProperties class, the
javadocs look malformed, so I'd like to review real javadoc html for the
current state of develop.

-Kirk

Re: Publishing of geode javadocs

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
Let's start out with external javadocs only. That way the focus is on the
users of Geode. Sound good?

-Kirk

Posted by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
The javadocs on ConfigurationProperties look fine in the html generated by
gradle, but it doesn't render properly in IntelliJ (some properties have
javadocs that are fine but more complex ones are broken in the IDE). I
think we should prefer having javadocs that are useful both in IDEs and as
html viewed in a browser, and it's fixable (Kevin just looked into this
with me). However, given that it's not borked in the gradle-generated html,
I'm guessing there's no way to automate detecting subtle problems like
this. Anyone else know or have ideas -- like a more sophisticated 3rd party
gradle plugin for javadocs?

-Kirk

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.