Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven Sajous <st...@dotmarketing.com> on 2003/06/17 19:48:39 UTC

ActionErrors.add(..) no doing what I expect

I am working on an e-commerce piece and am trying something new with the
ActionErrors. Usually when I use add() I am pulling an key that exists in my
properties file already. I see that ActonError has a couple of constructors
one of which takes a key and a value and I since I do not know what the
value of the error I am going to get I thought that this would work:

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new
ActionError("viaklix.error",via.getSsl_result_message()));

But if I do not have viaklix.error in my properties file already it prints
out the ??...?? value and if I do have it doing this do not override the
value that is in it. Is there a way to do this or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Steve

https issue with IE

Posted by Steven Sajous <st...@dotmarketing.com>.
For those of you who are familiar with this you will recognize these
directives that have to be used in Apache to avoid that weird issue with
https links acting like they do not submit to the server at all in IE

 SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

Only I am using Resin. Have any of you have to deal with this and is there a
way to downgrade the protocol in code. This is not directly related to
struts but since I am pretty sure most of you deal with web stuff in Java I
thought this would be a good place to ask.

Thanks

Steve

RE: ActionErrors.add(..) no doing what I expect