Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2014/12/01 12:06:25 UTC

preparing for 4.0.M2

Just did some preliminary work to prepare for M2 release. Fixed a few minor issues with the tests and licensing, wrote some "what's new" docs. Here are the test results (Java 7, OS X) :

rat: PASSED
hsql: PASSED
h2:  PASSED
derby: PASSED
mysql 5.0 PASSED
mysql 5.6 PASSED
sqlserver FAILURES: Failures: 18, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0
postgresql: PASSED
oracle 11: ?

This is comparable with 3.1 results [1] (need to look at sqlserver failures though). There's one new issue [2] that will need to be fixed before we start the vote - the new DbImporter work resulted in slowing down DbMerger, so that PostgreSQL tests now take an hour, MySQL tests are much slower than before, and I ran out of patience with Oracle tests after ~2 hours and canceled the build.

We are getting close though. I think I'll actually create a "stable" branch for 4.0.M2, as new changes will keep coming in and we want the release to happen :)

Andrus

[1] http://markmail.org/message/zlasxkq6tpzhydev
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1976

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> On Dec 2, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>

>> I think our previous naming regime would have this branch called STABLE-4.0 if we are ready to now make trunk/head available for new work that will not land into 4.0.
>
> I didn't give much thought to the branch naming in this instance, as I am planning to merge and delete this branch after the release (leaving the tag around of course). So it is a short-lived thing.

BTW, after realizing that we still need to do some work to stabilize the newest features, I killed that branch. So all the M2 code still goes to master until further notice.

Andrus

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
The ones I have only return the sum/avg/count/min/max for a given query,
not the original rows, too.

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 2/12/2014 7:53pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

>> On Dec 1, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>>  I think I'll actually create a "stable" branch for 4.0.M2, as new changes will keep coming in and we want the release to happen
>
> Which I just did: https://github.com/apache/cayenne/tree/4.0.M2_prerelease

Cool. There is a lot of great work in there. I think our previous naming regime would have this branch called STABLE-4.0 if we are ready to now make trunk/head available for new work that will not land into 4.0.

If this really is the end of all new features, then perhaps the next release will be 4.0-beta1?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: preparing for 4.0.M2