Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 12:00:11 UTC

[VOTE] release for tomahawk 1.1.8

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.1.8 release of Apache
MyFaces Tomahawk out.

Release notes can be found at [4].

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
 1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk" v2.0.9
 2. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk" v1.1.8 [1]

The artifacts are deployed to my private Apache account ([1]).

There is also binary and source packages available on [2]

Please take a look at the "1.1.8" artifacts and vote!

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
+1 votes (see [3]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
 and why..............

Leonardo Uribe

[1] http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/tomahawk118
[2] http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/tomahawk118binsrc
[3] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
[4]
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310272&styleName=Html&version=12313507

Re: [VOTE] release for tomahawk 1.1.8

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
+1.

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250

Re: [VOTE] release for tomahawk 1.1.8

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 if the NOTICE is fixed

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] release for tomahawk 1.1.8

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
+1 if the NOTICE is fixed.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>wrote:

> Leonardo Uribe schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.1.8 release of Apache
> > MyFaces Tomahawk out.
>
> Some initial test results:
>
> The tomahawk-1.1.8 jar works well with Facelets + Mojarra1.2.0_09 +
> java1.6.
>
> For the "staging repo" files deployed here:
>   http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/tomahawk118<http://people.apache.org/%7Elu4242/tomahawk118>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elu4242/tomahawk118>
> The binary jar license, manifest all look ok.
> Checksums all look ok.
>
> Oddly, the NOTICE file in the binary jarfile has nothing but the
> standard ASF claim. However the NOTICE in the source jar has a lot more
> credits in it. Looks like the NOTICE in the binary file could be wrong...
>
> And on both NOTICE files, it says "copyright 2004-2007" which should
> probably be updated.

That's strange but true, the notice should be the same for all. I'll take a
look.

> I'm not convinced about this change to the tomahawk pom:
>
>    <!-- Transitive dependency from commons-fileupload.
>    in 1.2 it was declared optional, but t:inputFileUpload
>    uses it indirectly, so it is necessary to include it
>    in our pom as runtime dependency  -->
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
>      <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
>      <version>1.3.2</version>
>      <scope>runtime</scope>
>    </dependency>
>
> I think that this should indeed be an optional dependency; if someone
> wants to use Tomahawk but not use the t:inputFileUpload, then why should
> we force commons-io to be included in their classpath?

This change was introduced on 1.1.7, since from commons-io 1.2, this library
was marked as optional. From other point of view if someone does not want
commons-io to be included in their classpath he/she can exclude it. Good
question. In my opinion one or other it is the same (read it as +0 taking
the + to let it as is), but I prefer add to the classpath by default because

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.