Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lorenzo De Sio <l....@w4b.it> on 2002/07/29 12:02:33 UTC

resin 2.1.x problems

I just tried the following procedure (found on this list) to solve my
problem w/Resin 2.1.1.

It worked. What about adding it to the installation docs?

L.

> List:     xml-cocoon-users
> Subject:  Solution for Problem with Resin 2.1.x and Cocoon 2.0.x
> From:     =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rn_Heid?= <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>
> Date:     2002-05-01 12:11:05
>
> For all who will have problems with Resin 2.1.x running Cocoon 2.0.x and
JDK < 1.4. Symptom:
> After deleting dom.jar, sax.jar and jaxp.jar (the TODO for Resin 2.0.x),
and putting all required JARs to resin/lib I got a "NoSuchMethodError" as
the Resin-XSLT implementation was used instead of Xalan.

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> method <init>()V not found
> at com.caucho.xsl.XslException.<init>(XslException.java:59)
>
> Changing xalan-xxx.jar to a_xalan-xxx.jar does not succeed.
>
> Solution:
> Remove all entries in WEB-INF/services from resin.jar (you can change the
filename to resin.zip, delete those entries, and change the filename back
again).

Re: resin 2.1.x problems

Posted by "Robert S. Koberg" <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

Lorenzo De Sio wrote:
> I just tried the following procedure (found on this list) to solve my
> problem w/Resin 2.1.1.
>
> It worked. What about adding it to the installation docs?
>
> L.

Another thing you can do in the RESIN_HOME/conf/resin.conf is:

   <!--
      - If true, the classloader order follows the Servlet spec.
      - If false, the classloader order follows the JDK spec.
     -->
   <servlet-classloader-hack>true</servlet-classloader-hack>

when set to true it goes to your WEB-INF/lib

best,
-Rob