Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> on 2007/06/13 14:16:01 UTC

svn log never returns

Greetings

I have a repository on a linux machine,  I access it through http(s) and
dav_svn.  I am running version 1.4.3.  If I check out a folder via

svn checkout http://server.mydomain.com/svn/Access/monitoringSheet

it checks out successfully and takes less than one second.

But

svn log monitoringSheet takes a very long time to complete.  Is there
anything I can do to speed this up, maybe?  or is this to be expected?

thanks
troy

Re: svn log never returns

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> wrote:

> Andy Levy wrote:
> > On 6/13/07, Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> wrote:
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> I have a repository on a linux machine,  I access it through http(s) and
> >> dav_svn.  I am running version 1.4.3.  If I check out a folder via
> >>
> >> svn checkout http://server.mydomain.com/svn/Access/monitoringSheet
> >>
> >> it checks out successfully and takes less than one second.
> >>
> >> But
> >>
> >> svn log monitoringSheet takes a very long time to complete.  Is there
> >> anything I can do to speed this up, maybe?  or is this to be expected?
> >
> > How many revisions are there?
> >
> > Does svn log --limit 1 return?
> >

> there are about 90 revisions (only a couple days old), and yes it seems
> to return just very slowly..

Have you set up access control? Are there many paths involved?

Probably http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz.pathauthzoff
applies to your problem.

HTH,

Erik.

Re: svn log never returns

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> wrote:

> Andy Levy wrote:
> > On 6/13/07, Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> wrote:
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> I have a repository on a linux machine,  I access it through http(s) and
> >> dav_svn.  I am running version 1.4.3.  If I check out a folder via
> >>
> >> svn checkout http://server.mydomain.com/svn/Access/monitoringSheet
> >>
> >> it checks out successfully and takes less than one second.
> >>
> >> But
> >>
> >> svn log monitoringSheet takes a very long time to complete.  Is there
> >> anything I can do to speed this up, maybe?  or is this to be expected?
> >
> > How many revisions are there?
> >
> > Does svn log --limit 1 return?
> >

> there are about 90 revisions (only a couple days old), and yes it seems
> to return just very slowly..

What if you run it directly on the server? Is there a large amount of
activity in those revisions? How large is the repository itself? FSFS
or BDB back-end?

Re: svn log never returns

Posted by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu>.

Re: svn log never returns