Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/05 07:42:17 UTC

Bugfixes in the old JSF codebase

Hi short question, given that I have been off project for quite some time
before picking up the work again.
We atm have several branches
2.3-Next, 3.0, 4.0 and The pull request with the new scripts which are
pending to be merged.
We have had a bunch of issues in the js codebase which I have fixed for the
old and new, but I now have the a question
I have rolled out those fixes for 2.3-Next, main (aka 4.0) and the new
codebase. I have omitted 3.0 but I am not sure whether
this branch is dead or not regarding fixes. We could sideroll the fixes
into 3.0 as well.
So my question, what are the branches which still need to get them?

Werner

Re: Bugfixes in the old JSF codebase

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks, then I will roll the 2.3-Next fixes also into 2.3.
The js codebase is the same anyway, so we just can cherry pick what is
there.

Btw. I finally was able to run the TCK tests against the myfaces codebase
(4.0 that is) for 2.2. I found quite a number of bugs on our side, mostly
on the server code. The few issues I have found in the new client code are
already fixed as I am writing this.

Please have a look at:
https://github.com/apache/myfaces/pull/356#issuecomment-1336971903

I will file detailed bugreports tomorrow.

Werner

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.