Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by "Scheffler Jens (XC-DX/ETV5)" <Je...@de.bosch.com.INVALID> on 2023/05/18 19:47:26 UTC

[VOTE] on AIP-50 (part 2) to finalize it

Hi Developers,

The implementation of AIP-50 went into Airflow 2.6.0 and I am proud that 80% of the implementation proposal made it to the release!

During implementation there was a bit of discussion on part 2 of the AIP Proposal. I’d like to close the implementation and to prevent a discussion (and wasted effort) for raising the final PR I’d like to call for a vote for Part 2 of the implementation across devlist. Please let me know your preferred option for part 2 of AIP-50:

AIP-50 Part 2 Option A) Keep the Trigger button like today, close the AIP-50
AIP-50 Part 2 Option B) Trigger Parameter Form is displayed if the DAG has params defined, else it is skipped
AIP-50 Part 2 Option C) A global configuration option defines the behavior of the Trigger button (Like implemented and reverted in previous PR)
AIP-50 Part 2 Option D) Trigger button behavior can be defined per DAG (Like originally proposed in AIP-50)

Details of the implementation options and a comparison are documented in CWIKI: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-50+Trigger+DAG+UI+Extension+with+Flexible+User+Form+Concept#AIP50TriggerDAGUIExtensionwithFlexibleUserFormConcept-ImplementationPart2)UIChangesforTriggerButton-OPEN

As there is an extended weekend in a couple of countries due to Ascension Day I’d collect the votes until May 22nd, 22:00 CEST. Majority wins.

My non-binding vote is Option B)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Jens Scheffler

Deterministik open Loop (XC-DX/ETV5)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Hessbruehlstraße 21 | 70565 Stuttgart-Vaihingen | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +49 711 811-91508 | Mobil +49 160 90417410 | Jens.Scheffler@de.bosch.com<ma...@de.bosch.com>

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Hartung,
Dr. Christian Fischer, Dr. Markus Forschner, Stefan Grosch, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Tanja Rückert
​

[RESULT] [VOTE] (extended) on AIP-50 (part 2) to finalize it

Posted by "Scheffler Jens (XC-DX/ETV5)" <Je...@de.bosch.com.INVALID>.
Hi Airflow-Devs!

Thanks for the (minimum) response of votes, with that I conclude that "Option B" is to be made to close AIP-50. I'll raise a PR the next days for this.

3 Non-Binding Votes B
No other opinions

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Collin McNulty <co...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.