Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Wolfgang Uhr <fr...@devsup.de> on 2006/12/08 16:35:17 UTC

Some ideas to test the To or the cc-lines ...

Hello

In those lines you find comma separated E-Mails containing and normally
thoose line contains my own e-Mail Adress.

a) But sometimes this list contains not only my adress but an known
spam-trap-adress too. For example let the spam be adressed to
lcp1@example.tld1 and lcp2@example.tld2 and let the first adress to be
the normal adress of someone, while the second one is the
newsgroup-adress or an old invalid adress which has had a definte life
time. In both cases you can say - if both adresses are appearing, the
mail is spam.

b) Another interesting test may be the real names of thoose adresse - if
availialbe. I'm not "Sandra McKintosh" for example and if the real name
part contains a foreign name, it is spam.

All you need is an concept to store a set of parameters for each
e-mail-adress.

a) an list of spam-trap-adresses und
b) a list of possible real name values in the "To" and the "cc" line.

Best regard
Wolfgang Uhr