Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu.INVALID> on 2023/05/18 03:02:01 UTC

Re: cTAKES build change, javac [EXTERNAL] [SUSPICIOUS]

Before anybody asks:

We as a community do want to update ctakes to be a 21st century application.

That means the latest cutting edge versions of java, uima, cleartk, log4j, etc.

If you can devote any time towards making this goal a reality, please let us know!
If you would like to coordinate a hackathon with modernization as a goal, please take charge of one and gain the credit!  At the very least I will show.  :^)

Thanks all,

Sean

________________________________
Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

I would love to see cTAKES upgrading to latest tech stack starting from
JAVA 11. I can spend some time on this with some guidance.

On Thu, 18 May 2023 at 08:32, Finan, Sean
<Se...@childrens.harvard.edu.invalid> wrote:

> Before anybody asks:
>
> We as a community do want to update ctakes to be a 21st century
> application.
>
> That means the latest cutting edge versions of java, uima, cleartk, log4j,
> etc.
>
> If you can devote any time towards making this goal a reality, please let
> us know!
> If you would like to coordinate a hackathon with modernization as a goal,
> please take charge of one and gain the credit!  At the very least I will
> show.  :^)
>

> Thanks all,
>
> Sean

Gandhi

"The best way to find urself is to lose urself in the service of others !!!"