Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2011/11/18 01:39:04 UTC

Metastopheles...

Is there any interest in importing my "metastopheles" project:

http://metastopheles.sourceforge.net/

into commons?  We don't really have anything like it right now and it
has turned out to be useful to me in Wicketopia.

Re: Metastopheles...

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi James!
+1 to including it to sandbox, it reminds me something I had a look
(not deeply, honestly) in the past in bval-core, as Matt mentioned
indeed :)
All the best, have a nice day!
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Metastopheles...

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Re: Metastopheles...

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
I'm a sucker for anything with metadata in it.  I love the name
Metastopheles, of course (though I'm not sure it's "Commonsy" enough).
 I'm curious what
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/metatypes/ is intended to
be about, but I haven't run into dblevins on IRC lately to ask him.
As I've mentioned to you privately, James, my metadata needs demand
that it be possible to maintain a graph of metadata such that
ParentBean.childBean has not only the metadata available at ChildBean
but also potentially information only available in the context of the
ParentBean.  Not sure how to fit this model into Metastopheles.  I
currently do this with bolted-on additions to the bval-core project.

Matt