Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 00:00:19 UTC

1.3 release/graduation schema

Looking at JIRA and some troubles we have on the lists, we won't be
able to pull 1.3 rc1 any time soon.

I therefore propose the folowing schema for the coming weeks:
 - release 1.3.0-incubating-beta2
 - graduate + transfer to TLP
 - release 1.3.0-rc1
 - release 1.3.0-rc2
 - rename to 1.3.0

WDYT?

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!

Re: 1.3 release/graduation schema

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

sounds good.  rc1 in a couple weeks would be a good goal.  it might slip,
but we could shoot for that.

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@chello.nl>.
Bruno,

You can get snapshots from the maven snapshot repository at
http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository.

    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://2007.rubyenrails.nl/

Re: 1.3 release/graduation schema

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

--
Bruno Borges
Summa Technologies Inc.

Re: 1.3 release/graduation schema

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
If there are no objections, I would like to build a distribution based
on thursday's code base, and vote on it during the weekend (giving us
some time to test it), and then submit the release to the IPMC on
monday.

With a bit of luck we can make the release available on thursday next
week (the vote on general@ has to run for 72 hours, and requires three
binding +1 from IPMC members).

Martijn

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
really?
open up the eclipse bug database and do a open bug query when the are about
to release 3.3
i bet there are more then 35 issues then ;)

johan

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure a beta always mean a stable API, but you can add in the
release notes of a beta that the API is frozen. Look at the eclipse
project, they only produce milestones, and starting at one of them in
the release plan they say the API is frozen.

So if your next distribution is API stable, I would indicate it in the
release notes and stick with the beta 2 name.

Xavier

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> On 5/22/07, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i think releasing one extra beta is fine.
> > But most api is now stable i think so if stable api was the deciding factor
> > if something is called beta or rc...
> From my point of view, a release candidate is a distribution you plan
> to graduate to the release status if no major bug is discovered. If
> you already know you will still fix some bugs before the final
> release, it shouldn't be named a release candidate.

I agree with that.

Eelco

Re: 1.3 release/graduation schema

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.