Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Drake <st...@digitalprint.co.nz> on 2006/06/01 00:02:16 UTC

Re: textflow bugs under Mac JDK 1.5.0

Steve Drake <steve <at> digitalprint.co.nz> writes:
> So as a workaround, try enclosing the text in flowText.svg with
> <g transform="rotate(0.000000000001)"> ... </g>
> (or some other suitably small rotation).  Yes, I know it's ugly.

A more palatable solution is to set text-rendering="geometricPrecision" on the
text element or one of its ancestors.

This forces text to be drawn as paths and fills instead of using drawGlyphVector
(see section 5 in changelog 1.5 -> 1.5.1), which is probably the same effect
that applying a rotation has.

Regards
Steve Drake