Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aleksandra Nowak <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 15:56:41 UTC

Multi-select faceting with OR operand

Hi all!
Please tell me if it is posible to create multi-select facets (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#Tagging_and_excluding_Filters)
but with OR as operand?
I would like to accomplish something like this:

=== Document Type ===  [ ] Word (42)  [x] PDF  (96)  [X] Excel(11)  [
] HTML (63)

According to the example the query whould look like this
q=mainquery&fq=status:public&fq={!tag=dt}doctype:pdf&fq={!tag=dt}doctype:Excel&facet=on&facet.field={!ex=dt}doctype.
But I would like to get documents which have doctype:pdf OR doctype:Excel
as results. How to specify in that query that I want OR instead of AND as
operand? Is this possible?
Regards,
Alex